If I could describe this bed in a few words it would be: durable, budget-friendly, and comfortable. The Dog Bed 4 Less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed has quality and comfort for your dog that is far superior than your basic dog bed. Let’s dive in and see what we loved, didn’t like so much, and some specifics of this particularly comfortable dog bed.
There are some really awesome features of the Dog Bed 4 Less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed that set it apart from other dog beds. Let’s take a look.
- 3 Layers of Protection: Waterproof Internal Zipper Cover, Washable Denim External Zipper Cover, Microsuede External Cover
- Washable Cover
- Gel Memory Foam Orthopedic Bed
- Cooling Component
- Approximately 15 lbs
- 3.2 lbs High-Density Solid Memory Foam
- Resistant to molds, mildews, bacteria, and dust mites
What’s So Special about the Dog Bed 4 Less?
Two excellent features are the waterproof liner plus the 2 external covers – both of which are durable and washable. The waterproof liner plays a crucial role in protecting the memory foam while the zippered, navy blue denim exterior cover is what everybody sees and – it looks great. It’s also machine washable and dryable. There’s also an additional cover provided as an alternative or back-up. It’s a chocolate brown microsuede fabric.
This is another well-made product with a strong, gusset-style zipper for added durability and extra stitching that won’t easily tear apart as cheap beds do.
Quality begins with the foundation of the bed. In this case, what’s provided is a high-grade, gel infused memory foam (3.2-pound high-density solid memory foam) that’s also hypoallergenic. Memory foam serves as the orthopedic component, providing plenty of support and relief for healing arthritic dogs. You’re getting one solid piece of high-density memory foam. It’s not a thin layer glued to a cheaper layer of regular foam – as some manufacturers provide.
According to the manufacturer, this bed will provide many years of support and comfort.
What Are The Other Special Feature?
- One thing to note is that unlike lesser, thinner foams, the memory foam deployed here will not flatten over time, enabling healthy joint support that promotes a night of deeper sleep. Its rugged construction improves the odds that this bed will last longer than many others out there.
- With this kind of memory foam, there are fewer allergens, and the sleep surface runs cooler providing a more comfortable setting for your favorite dog. It also supplies relief for sore, stiff joints and better overall body alignment.
- There’s a guarantee against defects in the memory foam for a period of two years. That means you can expect no significant sagging or impressions under normal conditions, of course.
- Numerous buyers report having this bed for at least a couple of years and it has maintained its condition as though it were new. Clearly, this one is a durable, long-lasting dog bed.
- It’s important to protect the memory foam – whatever it takes. For additional accident prevention, try wrapping a shower liner over the waterproof liner before placing it inside the outer cover. This gives you a triple layer of protection and while no cover is impenetrable, having this kind of added security is as good as it gets.
- If you’re a fan of blue denim yourself, you like having this bed in your home. Though not heavy-duty denim, the cover material can withstand a little digging. But truthfully, very few beds can handle unlimited chewing or persistent clawing.
- Product designers had buyers in mind in that they allowed for shrinkage of the material (after washing and machine drying) and provided plenty of slack to get the mattress back inside the cover. Taking this issue into account is definitely an added plus.
What the Hounds (and their owners) Love
Now that we know our special features and the specifics, let’s take a look at what pet owners and their dogs love the most about the bed.
- Machine Washable Covers- This one is mainly for the owners. You can wash the cover over and over in your machine washer and not worry about it falling apart or breaking down. That’s a huge win!
- Waterproof Liner- Even if a mess gets through the two outer layers, you still have a waterproof liner to protect your precious mattress. This is so important in keeping the mattress intact and smelling nice. It adds to the life of the mattress so much.
- Orthopedic Memory Foam- Well, this one is pretty obvious. It’s comfortable for your dog, lasts forever because it’s not a thin piece of polyester, and stays cool for your pooch.
- Sizing Options- I like the XL for a medium to the large sized dog. Even if your dog curls up, I think having a bigger bed is better in the long run in case they do stretch out. It gives them room to keep all their joints pressure free.
What We Didn’t Like
There were a few drawbacks to the bed, albeit hard to find!
- Thin Denim Cover- There have been some customer complaints on the denim material being more thin than advertised. This resulted in their destructive dogs tearing through the denim without extreme effort. Now, this is a hard one to judge because you never know how destructive their dogs really are. I’d say if you have a highly destructive dog, try another bed.
- Too Soft- A few customers said that their older dogs struggled to get in and out of this bed. They claimed it was too soft. I can see with the almost 5 inches of memory foam how this could be an issue.
- Packaging- The bed comes folded in half in a box. Now, that may be the most efficient way to package and distribute, but it certainly isn’t the best for the bed. I can understand the frustration of buyers on this aspect.
The Take Home
The Dog Bed 4 Less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed has it all. It’s durable with three different protective layers over that orthopedic memory foam. It’s washable so you can keep the cover clean and in good condition. It lasts a long time according to many dog owners. Beyond that, it’s not even that expensive. I really think when you look at all the positives (and even the negatives!) of this bed, you will find it is well worth spending the cash.
Getting an orthopedic memory foam bed for your dog can be a daunting task. The Dog Bed 4 Less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed really takes the pain out of that. It’s great for your dog and you so there’s no wishy-washy feeling when buying it. The reviews are in, this is one of the best orthopedic memory foam beds for you and your dog!