If you’re looking for an orthopedic dog bed to buy, then the Friends Forever bed is #1 online! It’s got style, comfort, and superior quality. Your dog will live the high life while you feel good about them being properly supported.
Finding a dog bed that is supportive and not going to disintegrate in months is a real challenge. We hear you loud and clear. That’s why we like the Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed lounge Sofa. Let’s dive in and see what’s so special (and not) about this orthopedic dog bed.
What You Need to Know About This Orthopedic Dog Bed
Knowing everything from the size to shape and more can be a great way to decipher if this is the right dog bed for your pup. Let’s look at what makes this dog bed tick.
- Water-resistant liner – Especially important for older dogs or potty-training dogs.
- 36 x 28 x 9-inch Bed – Made for dogs up to 75 lbs.
- Limited 1 year warranty – Quite a positive statement from Friends Forever.
- 14.65 pounds – Heavy duty but not too heavy to move around.
- Easy to Clean – Makes your life so much easier.
- 5 color choices – Cappuccino, Cocoa, Khaki Beige, Pewter, and Vanilla.
- Poly-fill bolster – Better for spinal alignment and picky dogs.
- Easy to get into – Low clearance.
- Foam mattress – Human Grade.
- Removable cover – Makes it easier to clean and helps the bed last longer.
- YKK zipper – Durable and won’t fall apart when zipping and unzipping multiple times.
- Anti-tear – For the diggers and burrowing dogs out there.
- Hair resistant – The endless battle of keeping hair off of everything is lessened with this quality material.
- Non-skid – You won’t end up with the dog bed all over the house. Unless you have a dog that picks it up and carries it in its mouth.
- Budget friendly – Really affordable considering the quality and what you are getting.
What We and Dogs Love About the Friends Forever Bed
As you can see from the specifications above, there are a lot of wonderful things about this orthopedic dog bed. The reviews are from 1,500 plus dog owners. They gave this bed a 4.7-star rating. Let’s cover the key points of what they and their favorite fur buddy liked so much.
- Stylish – It’s attractive. It will fit in well with any home and not look distracting.
- Budget friendly – It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Finally, a nice dog bed that will not break the bank.
- The seams stayed together – There was no frail material and only a little shrinkage. But like changing sheets on any bed, it can be challenging.
- Durable – Satisfied buyers have reported that this bed has held up well for 3 or 4 years with no issues. Their beds are still like new with no visible compression of the memory foam, while the bolsters have remained solid.
- Stays put – The bottom of the bed has small rubber pads on it to make it more “skid resistant” and hold it in place on the floor as your dog jumps on and off.
- Great for all dogs – An overlooked advantage of the Friends Forever bed is that it has a lower profile on the front. This allows dogs to easily step in and out of their bed. It’s a huge plus for any dogs suffering the aches and pains associated with aging or healing after surgery.
- Machine washable – If you have a dog that throws up even once in a great moon, being able to throw this bed in the wash is sublime. Because the construction of the bed is so great, you don’t have to worry about it falling apart. Just follow the instructions and keep the heat LOW.
- High praise across the board – The reviews on Amazon from dog owners are excellent on this bed.
What Are the Downfalls of this Orthopedic Dog Bed?
Not Made in the U.S.A.
Some people prefer to buy only “made in America” products. But it’s getting increasingly difficult to do. This product, though well-made, is actually a product of China, as so many products are these days. But don’t let that deter you. Many products are designed here to strict standards. While there’s no shortage of junk items produced overseas, the quality of goods made there has improved significantly. This Friends Forever orthopedic bed is just one example.
What’s that smell?
Some dog owners have complained that when you first get the bed, there is some chemical smell. Now, some people are okay with that and expect it with a dog bed. However, I’d recommend airing it out for a day or two outside or near a window if possible. I don’t like chemical smells in my home and some dogs are supersensitive to it.
Debris in the Washer
It looks like some dog owners say that when you wash the cover, the little grippers on the bottom of the bed can fall off. That means you will lose some traction on the floor and have some clean up after washing the bed. Now, that doesn’t mean it will happen to everyone or even every time. It’s just a good piece of information to know before purchasing.
For Extra Protection – Add This
If you worry about your dog having accidents as many older dogs often do a water resistant piece of fabric like vinyl placed over the top of the dog bed can be useful in preserving and protecting your new purchase.
Another option and one way you can get more use out of your Friends Forever bed is to cover it with a soft, washable blanket. That way you won’t have to fight to get the zippered cover back on as often, though it’s not a huge issue here. A blanket can collect hair and absorb any drool. Then toss the blanket in the wash periodically.
A Final Word on the Friends Forever Lounge Bed
The Friends Forever Dog Bed Lounge Sofa is just what it says it is. I love that it’s so well made. In fact, love that fact too. I know your dog will. Apart from quality, its ease of use and comfort level are at the top of my list.
You can unzip the cover and throw this orthopedic dog bed into the wash if you need to. You can even do that without worrying about it falling apart. It will also last you a good couple of years if well-maintained.
Even if your dog isn’t older, having an orthopedic dog bed for your pooch will help keep them comfortable and well aligned while they doze off for the day. If you have a dog with arthritis or some muscle or joint issue, the Friends Forever is a great way to spoil them and give them the support and comfort they need and deserve.