Do you or a dog you know like to dig and nest? I’m mostly kidding, about you anyways! The Snoozer Orthopedic Memory Foam Cozy Cave Pet Bed is the best-priced cave pet bed with orthopedic memory foam.
I know what it’s like to watch your dog tear apart a pet bed in a matter of a few weeks. It is NOT fun. It’s also hard to kick your dog out of your bed or couch if they love to snuggle up at night. This pet bed is a great way to wean them away from nesting in your furniture and have a space of their own.
Let’s walk through what makes the Snoozer such a great option and see if it’s the right bed for you and your fur buddy.
What’s Special about the Snoozer?
Knowing specifics about your dog bed before you buy it is really important. So many people buy a dog bed on a whim and end up disappointed. Let’s look through what makes the Snoozer the bed it is.
- 3 Inches of Orthopedic Foam. Perfect for arthritis or just preventive support.
- Machine Washable Cover. Thank you Snoozer! Easy to wash and dry so you don’t have to take the time to hand wash.
- Microsuede Exterior. Looks nice in your home.
- Sherpa Interior. Cozy for your pet.
- 2 Inches of Polyester Batting. Extra comfort for your furry friend.
- Rust Proof Zipper. Not going to fall apart on you after washing.
- 8 Inch Tall Hood. Tall enough for a larger dog to get around but still small enough to feel cozy.
- 3 Sizes Available. See our section on picking the right size!
- 40 Color Options. A color or fabric for any home.
- Nest Proof. Materials are made to withstand digging and nesting by your pooch.
What Dogs and Their Owners Liked the Most
The tribe has spoken. The reviews are in. People and their dogs love this bed. Just take a look at Amazon and their 100 plus reviews. The Snoozer got a 4.3 out of 5-star rating.
I was surprised by this since the cave bed can be kind of black and white with people. A high rating was unlikely due to the polar opposite views on this type of bed. Low and behold, it came back with a fairly high star rating! Let’s see why.
- Quality. No doubt about it here, the quality of the Snoozer Orthopedic Memory Foam Cozy Cave is superior to a whole lot of dog beds. From all the owner’s reviews out on the web, most of them proclaim the quality is totally worth the expense.
- Warmth. If you have a dog that likes to be cuddled up at night, this is the bed for them. Not only is the sherpa lining naturally warmer than some other dog materials, but the cave feature contains the heat well. If you live in a colder region or have some cold winters, this is a great investment.
- Easy to Clean. I love the fact you can take the cover off and throw it in the machine washer. It makes life so much easier. It’s going to extend the longevity of your bed and allow you to keep your dog cleaner.
- Burrow Proof. If your dog is a nester or borrower, the Snoozer is a great choice for a dog bed. They can nest away without worry of destroying the bed. Thank goodness someone figured this out!
- Memory Foam. If you have or have ever had a dog that struggles with arthritis or any kind of injury really, you know how much a quality dog bed can help. Using memory foam really alleviates pressure on their joints and aligns their spine well.
- Dogs Love It. Do I need to explain this one? If your dog loves something, you usually stick with it. Am I right? If your dog likes nesting, cozy spots, being covered with a blanket, or all of the above, he’s probably going to love this bed. I also really like that they can have their own space. It’s especially helpful if you are trying to kick them out of your bed or off your furniture.
What We Didn’t Like So Much
There’s always going to be a few things that people don’t like about a product. The Snoozer is no different. While the reviews are great for the most part, there were a few things worth taking a look at. Let’s see what the issues were with the Snoozer.
- The Hood Support. The quality is just not here on this facet. It seems like the tubing is cheap and will poke through the fabric easily. Major disappointment.
- Inside Material Sheds. The sherpa material is great for warmth but can definitely lead to shedding.
- Sizing Chart is Off. A lot of buyers said they ended up returning their beds and sizing up. I would highly recommend doing the same.
- Expense. It’s a little more expensive than the poly/cedar fill combo bed but I think well worth it.
A Word on Sizing and Acclimation
Do yourself a favor and choose a bed option that’s a little larger than the recommended size. It’s one of the complaints from humans and if dogs could talk, I think they would agree.
As with any dog bed, it’s important to choose the right size for your pet. Rarely is it a bad idea to go one size higher and err on the side of caution. This is particularly applicable with a cave type of bed that’s partially enclosed.
If your pet can’t get easily get inside and turn around easily – and be comfortable doing so on their own – they won’t fully enjoy the cozy cave as much as they could. So it’s important to choose a bed that’s big enough for your dog.
It’s also important to note that the bottom cushion is elevated somewhat. In most cases, this won’t be an issue. However, it could be if your dog has problems getting around, such as after surgery or simply as the result of the aging process.
Because it’s a different type of dog bed, it might take a little getting used to with your pup. To get your dog used to their new cozy cave, try adding a blanket, or an old, familiar tee-shirt so they’ll feel at home and more likely to start exploring their “cave”.
Alternatively, you might need to toss a favorite toy or some treats inside to get them to check out their new digs. In many cases, once they’re in they’ll likely want to return. Of course, that’s not always the case and sometimes this just isn’t the right bed for your dog.
Wrap it Up
The Snoozer Orthopedic Memory Foam Cozy Cave Pet Bed is a mouthful but well worth every syllable. It’s got quality materials, an orthopedic memory foam mattress, warmth, and design. You can’t mess this one up.
If your dog likes to nest or burrow, they like being cuddled up, or like their own private space, the Snoozer is an excellent choice bed. I’d highly recommend giving it a shot for your dog. They will be snoozing away in no time.