When looking at dog beds, it’s easy to get caught up in the price before anything else. I get it! Having a dog shouldn’t be a huge drain on your wallet. In the same hand, buying a dog bed that’s going to last and benefit your dog is going to save you money in several ways.
The Dogs Bed Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Waterproof bed both saves you money by not having to buy bed after bed and hopefully even some money from the vet’s office by keeping your dog well supported and comfortable. This particular bed is durable and built to last. That’s what you want in a dog bed after all, isn’t it?
Specifications of the Dogs Bed Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Waterproof Bed
The Dogs Bed Premium offers a whole host of amenities. Let’s dive in and check out the specifics of this particular bed.
- 5 Sizing Options
- Recommended Size: Large 40” x 25” x 6”
- 7 Color/Fabric Combinations including Plush
- 6” Tall Bed Includes: 4” base and 2” Memory Foam
- Waterproof: This Includes 2 Separate Covers to Protect Foam
- Machine Washable Covers
- Fabric Quality is High: Resists Mold, Mildew, and Dust Mites
- 4.5 out of 5 Stars Review on Amazon
- Durable: Resists Destruction
- Reasonable Price
What Dogs Love about this Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed
As you can probably tell from the specifications, there is a lot to love about this particular bed. What makes it stand out so much from other orthopedic dog beds? Let’s take a look what dogs are saying, or rather their owners, and you can see for yourself!
- Durability – This bed has 2 different covers to protect the mattress. That’s where the durability is found. You don’t have to worry about the most expensive part of the bed going to waste. If you need to replace the cover, you can.
- Ease of Use – Machine washable always is a huge selling point and this bed is no different. You can throw both covers in the wash if needed. It will keep your dog’s bed fresh and your pup smelling great.
- Comfort Level – I love how firm this bed is. Now, some customers have complained about it being too firm for their dog, but I think that’s silly if you are looking for an orthopedic bed. You WANT to have it firm. In fact, some reviewers have even commented to it being akin to a 5-star hotel’s memory foam bed. It’s comfortable enough for a hotel, I bet it will work for your dog, too.
What Dogs Don’t Like So Much about The Dogs Bed Premium
There were, of course, a few things that I noticed that people didn’t like about this bed. Let’s see if they will affect you and your pooch.
- Cover – There were some discrepancies on the cover. A lot of people said that it was fine and lasted without any issues. Others seem to think the opposite. So, I did some more digging. It seems to be that if you choose the “plush” cover option, you are going to see a lot more wear and tear than the regular canvas cover with the piping. The plush cover is less resistant to long nails, digging, chewing, etc. A great heads up if you have a dog that does any of those things!
- Extra Firm – This seems like a no brainer, but some dogs don’t like how firm the bed is. I mean, that’s really a dog’s preference. If your dog hasn’t had a very supportive bed in the past it may take some time for them to get used to it. I’d try it for the length of time the company gives you before trying to send it back. It’s worth the effort if you can get them some serious support for their joints.
- Price Point – There’s always someone that complains about the price of something and thinks it’s too expensive. This bed is no different. However, I’ll reiterate my thoughts on this. If you don’t have to keep buying cheap beds over and over, you are going to save money! You also can help alleviate pain or misalignment with your dog which can save you money at the vet.
Bringing it Home
There are many reasons to buy an orthopedic memory foam bed for your dog. You may be asking yourself if it is worth the investment or if it is just another fad. I’m here to tell you, it’s not a fad and it is an excellent investment. If you want your pet to stay active for as long as possible while remaining comfortable, an orthopedic memory foam bed is where it is at.
In particular, the Dogs Bed Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Waterproof Bed is an excellent choice for your dog. I like that it’s more firm than most beds. The problem I have faced in the past with a good dog bed is that it wears out where my dog lays and then I have to either double up on beds and blankets or get them a new bed.
Buying this bed cuts down on the cost of having to replace beds at a frequent rate, especially if you have a larger dog. Plus, let’s face it, you want the best for your dog and getting a memory foam bed is how you achieve that.